They’re also known as Mexican brownies but worry not, all the chilli does it to enhance the flavour.
How to Make Hot Chilli Brownies
28 g of unsweetened dark chocolate
8 tablespoons of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons of cardamom
1 teaspoon of chilli powder
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
175 g of milk chocolate
- Heat up the oven to 325 Fahrenheit and lightly oil the baking dish with butter.
- Add the dark chocolate and butter to a microwave dish and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove, stir and microwave high for another 30 seconds until the chocolate is melted through.
- Stir in the sugar, cardamom, chilli powder and salt.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla then stir in the flour until the mixture thickens nicely.
- Stir in the milk chocolate and pour in the mixture to the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the centre is slightly moist when tested with a toothpick.
- Let it cool for about 3 minutes and slice it up for serving.