They say a graduation party without a cake is just a boring meeting. Okay, no one said that, we did, because we believe cake makes everything better. Pineapple orange cake is one of the cakes you should bake for your graduating pal(s). It’s light, sweet and will go well with the drinks that’ll be available. No, not water, we know your friends are planning something big for their graduation.
- For the Cake:
- 1 box (350g) of moist orange cake mix (available at Carrefour)
- 1 can of oranges with juice
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- For the frosting:
- 29 ml of whipped cream
- 1 can of pineapples with juice
- 1 packet of pudding vanilla (available at Chandarana Foodplus)
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Grease the baking pan and dust with flour.
- Beat the cake mix with the eggs, oranges and applesauce until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes and test by placing a toothpick at the centre to ensure it comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely for about 10 minutes.
For the frosting:
- Mix the pineapple with the whipped cream and pudding vanilla.
- Spread on the cake.
- Put in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Congrats on the graduation, enjoy!
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!