Smokies for breakfast, smokies for lunch, smokies every time you hit the streets; to quote Oprah, everybody gets smokies! We know just how irresistible they can be and how great they are to have at almost any time of the day. Have you been hitting the gym lately? Cheat snack alert! Here is how to quickly and easily prepare them. You can use this recipe for a smokie pasua as well, a typical Kenyan street snack.
- 1 packet of Farmer’s Choice smokies
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Heat the frying pan on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooking oil and spread it evenly.
- Place one smokie at a time and drop in the number that fit easily for rolling over depending on the size of the pan.
- Cook until they’re golden brown.
- Cut one smokie in the middle to confirm that they’re cooked. (There should be no pink colour left)
If you’re in not in a hurry and looking to try something new, how about using a slow cooker? Here is a recipe to make this street snack tastier.
- 1 bottle of barbeque sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 packet of Famer’s Choice smokies
- Stir together barbecue sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, onion, and smokies in the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of All Recipes.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!