This is the chilli ice cream recipe you never knew you needed. Who says we only have to stick to the usual frozen yoghurt flavours? If you find the idea of chilli frozen yoghurt with ricotta odd, then we suggest you try making this, you might be surprised by how tasty you find it. You should switch things up in the dessert offering and get your friends and family talking.
Ricotta Chilli frozen yoghurt recipe
3 cups of greek yoghurt
1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon of finely crushed, dried chilli
3/4 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of whipping cream
- Combine the sugar and the cream and whisk. You can use a mixer to do so until a thick consistency is achieved.
- Add the greek yoghurt and the ricotta and whip until it’s blended.
- Add the chilli and salt and taste to ensure it’s spicy enough to your liking.
- Pour into an ice cream tray, cover with a lid and put it in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Remove and whisk until it’s smooth to your liking.
- Serve with orange or grapefruit rinds.