Here’s another creative way of having mushrooms: stuffed mushrooms. Apart from the health benefits you’ll get from the mushrooms, you can play with the toppings as much as you want.
Stuffed mushrooms can be prepared and eaten for breakfast if you want something different. Of course, you can enjoy them with wine. A Pinot Noir is a great wine that picks up the earthiness of the mushrooms. Beers also go well with mushrooms for those who are too shy to ask. Yes, they pair just as well.
450 g fresh mushrooms
4 strips of bacon
1/2 cup of minced onion
fresh ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Remove the stem of the mushroom and clean out the gills to leave space for the stuffing.
- Fry the bacon.
- Sautee the onion with the drippings of the bacon that has remained.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the bacon, minced onion in the space left in the mushrooms to form a slight mound.
- Turn the filled mushrooms and press them on the breadcrumbs to cover.
- Place in the oven and heat until the mushrooms turn golden brown or until stuffings are ready.
- You can remove the mushrooms and top them with the cheese and heat them in the oven just enough for the cheese to melt.
For more updates on the best restaurants, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!