Anyiko Owoko, 28, is Sauti Sol’s publicist and the host of Grapevine on KBC. She has a knack for fashion, writing, food and a great cup of coffee.
How do you take your coffee?
White, but if I’m working late, black.
What do you enjoy most about coffee?
Coffee has its own personality and people who don’t take it won’t understand this. There are so many types, and each just makes you feel different!
What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
I make myself a mug of coffee then play some loud music. My neighbours must hate me! I only have a proper breakfast much later in the day.
How did you feel when the video you shot of Obama dancing with Sauti Sol at State House went viral?
That was a big accomplishment for us. It was my first viral video so it felt great. It got featured on a lot of international media outlets that I look up to, and they were calling me to ask if they could use the clip!
What’s the best part about working with Sauti Sol?
I like the fact that I am working with my friends and we have an understanding. We are like a family and I love to see them do well. I want to showcase their potential individually and show the world just how talented they are.
TOFFEE MUFFIN PUDDING
- 3 large Dormans toffee muffin (Ksh 220 each) cut into ¾ inch slices
- 2 bananas cut into ¼ inch slices
- Set aside 2 muffin slices for crumbling on top
- In a glass, layer the muffin slices, banana slices and custard
- Crumble the reserved muffin slices on top 4. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving