Ramen noodles also known as instant noodles can be versatile to use. Creative restaurants have come up with a variety of different ways to incorporate noodles into their menus but no creation is as creative or decadent as the ramen breakfast burrito. You might be tempted to write it off but don’t! Just like a bowl of noodles, the ramen breakfast burrito can be stuffed with whatever you like.
Here is our recipe for a filling breakfast burrito that you can make a part of your cheat days.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 package ramen noodles, your favourite flavour
- 3 eggs
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese (can be mozzarella, gouda, cheddar or a mix of all)
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 2 flour tortillas
- Boil noodles in 2 cups of water for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, crack eggs then season with salt and pepper to tase. Mix well then cook on a hot pan until ready. You can choose to scramble or fry your eggs.
- Place eggs on a separate bowl. Clean pan and fry bacon until cooked.
- Without draining the bacon grease, fry noodles in the same pan for 1 minute, mixing in packet seasoning, soy sauce and hot sauce.
- Wrap ramen, eggs, bacon and a handful or two of cheese in a warm flour tortilla and enjoy!
Optional: You can mix in whatever you like into this delicious wrap! Switch the eggs for fried chicken strips and add in some coleslaw or add in some crispy tofu with Sriracha for an extra kick.