The sixth Jack Daniel’s Master Distiller and dear friend, the late Jimmy Bedford, lived on the beautiful farm coming into Lynchburg from Tullahoma. When Jimmy wasn’t watching over Tennessee whiskey, raising several hundred head of cattle, or smoking his own country hams he was probably at home grilling a steak. Jimmy loved steak more than anyone and could target the best steakhouses in town. Use his marinade on all cuts of tender beef. It makes enough for about 1.1kg of steak, such as two thick T-bones or four tenderloin filets.
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel’s ® Tennessee Whiskey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large steaks of your choice, or 4 tenderloin filets
- Combine the Jack Daniel’s, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Place the steaks in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour in the marinade and seal the bag.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry with a paper towel to get a better crust.
- Grill the steaks over medium coals for 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare.
If you want to taste this and more Jack Daniel’s ® Tennessee Whiskey and meat, head on over to the Brothers of The Grill Meat and Whiskey Festival 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya on 23rd November. Competing restaurants have already begun to sharpen their barbeque skills in preparation to claim the title of champion this time around.
Enjoy great meat and whiskey from Jack Daniel’s and some of your favourite restaurants as you rally them on!