These little bites of Eastern goodness will go above and beyond for who ever is lucky enough to come to dinner.
Break them out when you need to impress in a pinch.
- 12 Asparagus Spears-Finely Diced
- 2 Big Handfuls of French Beans-Finely Diced
- 200 g Hoisin Sauce
- 4 Handfuls of Italian spinach-finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons of salt
- 4 Teaspoons of sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon peanut butter
- 30 Wonton wrappers
- Sesame Oil
For the filling
- Boil the veggies in hot water until cooked but slightly crunchy.
- Drain most of the water, keeping a slight amount.
- Add salt, sugar, hoisin, black pepper and peanut butter to the vegetables.
- Mix it well and let the mixture sit until it has cooled down.
For the dumplings
Add about two teaspoons of mix to each wonton wrapper (be sure you can
fold them without overflowing).
Seal them tightly for steaming
Place the raw dumplings on a plate in a dim sum basket.
Steam the dumplings over boiling water for 3 minutes.
Lightly brush each dumpling with sesame oil
For the sauce
Put out a small dish of homemade chilli oil to add a kick to the dish.
Mix half a cup of soy sauce with one part vinegar and two tablespoons of
sugar and add to another small dipping dish.