On 6th October 2018, Nairobi will host Le Diner en Blanc for the fourth year. The annual elegant affair will take place at a secret location and over 600 friends and friends of friends will gather for an unforgettable evening
“Life is a gift that must be celebrated every day. There is really no better way to celebrate life with family and friends than to attend Le Dîner En Blanc – Nairobi, and that’s the theme for this year #CelebratingLife” said LeAnne P. Host, the host of Le Dîner en Blanc Nairobi.
Diner en Blanc Nairobi is truly the ultimate annual Turnup and by such, teamed up with Turnup Travel for this year’s Diner en Blanc. “As Turnup Travel we are incredibly excited to extend our memorable signature experiences and unique packages to DEB attendees.” commented Muthuri Kinyamu, Turnup Travel Cofounder.
Bystanders will witness groups of guests all dressed in white gathering all across the city. Guided by Dîner en Blanc volunteers, these groups will then converge on one of the city’s most beautiful setting. Every guest brings their own gourmet feast, table, chairs and table setting. The evening is filled with visually breathtaking moments including the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner and the lighting of sparklers to let guests know they are now free to mingle and dance. At the end of the evening, guests will pack up all of their belongings, pick up all their litter and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
Participation to this unique event happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; and Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list. Sign up now at nairobi.dinerenblanc.com/register.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, visit nairobi.dinerenblanc.com.