Happy White Chocolate Day! These days we’re all about checking what’s in the things we eat especially the treats we all love. Not everyone loves chocolate, not everyone can handle the bitterness of dark chocolate and thats why white chocolate exists! Once you’ve made you’re own batch, you can melt it down and use it to glaze your cookies or mix it in with your buttercream and generously cover a cake with it. Or do what we would do and just eat it!
Yummy tip: You can find whole vanilla beans at Naisenya Foods.
- 200g edible cocoa butter, evenly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, finely ground
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- Silicone mould
- Cooking thermometer
- In a double boiler set to medium-low heat, melt the cocoa butter and vanilla extract together.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, powdered milk, and seeds from the vanilla bean until completely incorporated and bring the mixture to 49˚C, no higher.
- Remove from heat and whisk the mixture for a couple of minutes, then place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Whisk again for a few minutes and continue the process, in and out of the refrigerator until the mixture drops to 26˚C.
- Heat again in the double boiler up to 32˚C, no higher. Pour the mixture into the prepared moulds.
- Allow to cool overnight at room temperature until solidified before removing from the moulds.