Beef Penne Recipe
- 30ml olive oil
- 40g finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 100g of prime beef fillet, cut into fine strips
- Salt & pepper
- 70g beef stock
- 200g cooked penne pasta al dente (check packet directions)
- Handful of sliced basil leaves
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and sear in a hot pan with a little olive oil until just browned.
- Remove and put to one side. Fry the onion in the rest of the olive oil until lightly glazed, then add the garlic and stir fry.
- Return the beef, add the stock and reduce lightly. Do not over cook the fillet or it will become tough.
- Toss the sauce through the pasta then add the basil and serve straight away.
Since Artcaffe opened its doors in 2008, pasta has always been a mainstay of the continental menu we have all come to love and respect.
From the classic Art Pesto to rich tomato and mascarpone sauce Dania Linguine, comforting and generous portions of pasta are served up all day, every day, using the freshest quality ingredients. These beloved pasta dishes can also be enjoyed 24 hours on Fridays and Saturdays at Artcaffe at The Oval.
Here’s a simple beef with penne pasta and a rich meaty sauce, slightly spiced tomato pasta and a creamy mushroom sauce with freshly made pasta, from the team at Artcaffe.
A throwback to a classic tagliata, this dish uses seared beef fillet and garlic – simple and delicious.