You can’t mention local Kenyan dishes without talking about kuku kienyeji chicken (which you will probably have with pilau). Those two almost go together. Kuku kienyeji chicken has tougher meat as opposed to your usual chicken because of how the chicken are bred. Here’s a simple soy sauce marinade you can make to tenderize especially your chicken breasts. This will make for a very tasty dinner or lunch. But, don’t let us stop you from having chicken for breakfast.
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/8 cup of lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- Pour over your kuku kienyeji chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken in an airtight container.
- Let it marinate overnight or for at least 2 hours before cooking.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!