Before you rubbish this off as just another ‘overhyped avocado-with something recipe‘, you should know it tastes amazing, it’s healthy and easy to make. The baked avocado taco should be your new breakfast staple.
You’ve probably realized by now that avocado doesn’t miss in great recipes *cough, cough* and this one is no different. Got more time in the morning hours? Go ahead and be as experimental as possible.
This baked avocado taco recipe will require the use of almond milk. We already have the recipe for that which you can find here. Happy eating!
2 ripe avocados
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk
3/4 cup of breadcrumbs
1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
tortilla wraps for serving
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup canned beans
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Whisk together the almond milk and the oil in a small bowl.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, garlic, pepper and salt in another bowl.
- Halve the avocado and slice them in about 12 long pieces and peel away the skin.
- Dip them in the almond mixture first and then in the breadcrumb mixture next using a spoon to coat gently.
- Transfer them to the baking sheet and bake them until they’re lightly brown or for about 10-12 minutes.
- Warm the beans while the avocados are baking.
- Once the avocados are baked and the beans are warm, assemble the taco and enjoy when fresh.
You can add more toppings such as vegetables and spices for extra flavour.
For more updates on the best restaurants, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!