Raise your hand if you’re the person who can have chicken all day, every day! There’s just something about how amazing the taste of chicken is and the chewiness and how it feels so good on our mouth when we’re eating it. Now imagine that in a burger? We’ll do you one better, let your mind form an image of a beer-battered chicken mini burger. This is what dreams are made of. The Nairobi Visa Burger Week is almost here *screams in excitement* so we want you to prep yourself by making burgers at home before you go and enjoy deals like no other starting from August 5th to 15th 2019.
Chicken mini burgers are perfect for picnics. But we can all tell this weather is not letting up so picnics are out of the picture. However, the snacks department is not off-limits whether you’re indoors or outdoors. Cans or bottles of beer you have stocked in your fridge don’t have to go to waste. This simple recipe will actually entice you to buy more beer so that you prepare delicious chicken mini burgers for your weekends.
Why should you use beer for cooking? The answer lies in the flavour. There’s a richness of taste that comes with using alcohol which makes your chicken feel a little earthy. So, when are you making a chicken mini-burger? Invite us, we’re fun where there’s food.
2 Farmer’s Choice boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 packet mini dinner rolls
1/2 cup of beer
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
½ cup shredded cabbage
1 cup of flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon of baking powder
3 cups of vegetable oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix half the flour and baking powder.
- Add the eggs and beer and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the remaining flour then dip them into the beer batter.
- Place the chicken breasts in the oil one by one and cook, turning each side until they are golden brown.
- Place a kitchen tissue on a plate so that the fried chicken can drain all the oil once they are ready.
- Cut the dinner rolls into two at the middle.
- Mix the cabbage with the mayo and vinegar in another bowl to make coleslaw.
- Spoon some coleslaw and add the beer-battered chicken, add some coleslaw and close off with the other half of the dinner roll.
- Repeat to make several chicken mini burgers.
You can add cheese and onions as fillings.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!