We let our hair down on weekends. Oh, and yes, a relaxing weekend starts in the morning. The sun’s out, no work for at least two days, no meetings and more time to create in the kitchen. Want to wake your household up without knocking on their bedroom doors? Waffles is the magic trick.
Let the warm and delicious smell of waffles cooking waft through the air and ignite a desire in everyone to want to come down and eat. Enjoy them with a warm beverage and your morning will be made. After such a breakfast, what do you do next? Explore new restaurants and places for an unforgettable weekend experience.
The weekend is almost here, as you picture all of this, learn how to make waffles.
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
salt to taste
syrup/ fruits for topping (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar and set aside. You can also blend the wet ingredients first followed by the dry ingredients.
- Preheat waffle iron to the desired temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and beat until blended.
- Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!