This Mashed Potatoes Recipe Will Change Your Life!
- 2½ lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Add potatoes to a large pot of cold water and cook over medium high heat until water starts to boil.
- Cook until a fork goes through potatoes easily, about 15-20 minutes. Drain water and return potatoes to pot.
- While potatoes are still hot, add butter, cream, garlic, salt, and ¾ cup Parmesan cheese. Mash or beat potatoes until they are creamy in texture.
- Stir in chives.
- Top with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and serve.
Mashed potatoes. Simple? Yes! Boring? Well, yeah, especially if you’ve been using the same old recipe for the last five years. It tends to get a little bit plain. How about you make this Thanksgiving a special one. Give people something to talk about and remember. Then generously hand out printed copies of the recipe when they ask you how you made your mash potatoes so good.
It’s a simple recipe, one that is fulfilling and will have your guests ask for more. I present to you, the life changing, Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mash Potatoes.