Just because it’s a month to be healthy does not mean you cannot indulge in a little chocolate sin. This is a delicious recipe for out of this world chocolate cupcakes guaranteed to make you dance with glee.
- 1 Sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of Sun Gold Lite Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Sift together the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla then beat together with a mixer until combined.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl then add the boiling water and mix until just combined. The batter will be very watery so don’t be alarmed.
- Pour the batter evenly into each liner.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before frosting with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.