The months seem to be flying by so fast. We’re not complaining though because that means we get to try new recipes from our 2020 Recipe Calendar. We’re welcoming March with a Muffaletta that we put together with some cornbread from Bbrood Kenya. Pair this muffaletta with a glass of Rutini Trumpeter Rosé de Malbec from Dion Wines and Spirits.
You can get all the ingredients you need at Greenspoon delivered to your doorstep.
- 60ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp drained capers
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- A handful of mixed herbs (basil, thyme, parsley, oregano) chopped
- 2 Bbrood cornbread, unsliced
- 1 jar basil pesto
- 1 jar sundried tomatoes
- 200g honey glazed ham
- 200g salami or parma ham
- 2 balls mozzarella
- 250g everyday cheddar
- Put the olive oil, capers, garlic, olives and herbs in a bowl together. Allow to rest for a few hours. Slice the 2 baguettes in half, and take out some of the internal bread.
- Arrange mozzarella slices along each side of the baguette, and then layer up with the salamis and hams, cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, and olive salad alternatively, and then close each side of the baguette together.
- Wrap tightly in baking paper and place in the fridge overnight, with a plate on top or some weights that will press the top down and help all the ingredients meld together. The next day, slice the baguette into generous slices and serve with a crisp glass of Rosé.
Pair this muffaletta with a glass of Rutini Trumpeter Rosé de Malbec from Dion Wines. This wine is a limpid rose with a raspberry touch and lilac nuances. The subtle floral profile gives a frame to the fresh red fruit notes (cherry, strawberry and gooseberry) slightly citric.