We love Kenyan food and there are some things that are classically Kenyan. Nyama choma is a staple in everyone’s meals and regardless of how many times a month you eat it, we can comfortably assume that you have never tried it with cheese from Cheese Love Kenya. Besides the wide range and great taste, the cheeses from Cheese Love Kenya are so affordable that you never have to worry about saving up just to get some good gouda. Try out this simple recipe that combines two unsuspecting favourites for a quick meal that just might become a regular snack.
- 4 slices Cheese Love Burger Cheese (Cheddar)
- 500 grams goat meat (shoulder or leg)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 6 garlic cloves
- Fresh rosemary
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 Burger buns
- Vegetable oil
- Season meat with rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Massage seasoning into meat.
- If you do not have a grill, put the meat on a greased baking tray and roast in oven for 40 mins. Remember to turn every 15 minutes. If you have a grill, prepare your meat the traditional way by laying foil on the grill and turning the meat every 10 mins until cooked.
- Once your meat is ready, cover it with foil and set aside for 10 mins.
- Cut your meat in chunks and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add sliced onion. After 1 minute, add the sliced pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the nyamachoma chunks, soy and honey and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once ready, spread some mayonnaise and mustard on both sides of the burger buns.
- Add the sautéed meat followed by CheeseLoveSandwich Cheese.
- Place the open burger in an oven for about 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove and top with the top burger bun and enjoy!
Click here to see how Jasmine Macharia aka Cooking with Jaz made it during our live stream with Cheese Love Kenya.