One thing we know about curries is that they make use of spices and spices add flavour to life. Beef curry is great to have when you want something different and the vegetables make this an amazing dish even more delectable by balancing the taste.
This beef curry and vegetable recipe is a one-pot meal. This means that you don’t have to worry about cleaning lots of utensils and you’re sure that everyone in the family will get a little bit of everything. Of course, you can switch things with different ingredients and sauces to make this work even better for you by considering what everyone loves.
Beef curry can be especially be enjoyed in a group setting so think about the number of people you want to serve. Enjoy.
20g of onions chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
20g of fresh ginger, thickly sliced
2 tablespoons of mild Indian curry
600g of braising steak, cubed
400g of tinned light coconut milk
200g of fresh baby spinach leaves
- Heat a splash of oil in a large casserole. Once the oil heats up, add the beef and keep stirring until it turns brown all over.
- Add the onions, garlic and all the spices and stir through.
- Heat it through for 5 minutes and over medium-low heat and add 1/2 litre of water and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours stirring slowly so that the food doesn’t stick. Add a little water if it gets sticky.
- When the meat is tender, add the spinach, stir and bring to a boil.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!