It’s the first day of May! These recent few months have been tough due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re staying indoors and doing our bit to help save lives. Being home also means we have the chance to indulge in more cooking and here’s an orange marmalade cake recipe that everyone will love. It’s the easiest 2-step marmalade cake recipe you’ll come across in a while. With some baking chocolate from Absolute Chocolate and orange crackers from Kampi Kitchen, I’m sure you’ll love this orange marmalade cake.
Let’s not forget that a slice of this savoury and zesty cake is best enjoyed with a glass of wine. Pair this cake with a Voyager Estate Sauvignon Blanc, available from Dion Wines and Spirits and you’re good to go. You can order all these ingredients from Greenspoon.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 100g Absolute Chocolate 75% Baking Chocolate
- 300g Kampi Kitchen Orange and Lemon marmalade
- 100g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 large farm eggs
- 150g self-raising flour (or 150g plain flour + 1.5 tsp of baking powder)
- Kampi Kitchen Orange Crackers
- Melt the butter slowly in a saucepan. When almost melted, add the chocolate, stir and take off the heat. Stir until the chocolate melts. Add the marmalade, sugar, salt and eggs. Stir thoroughly.
- Add sifted flour, stir and pour into a buttered and floured 22cm loose-bottomed cake tin. Bake at 180°C oven for 45 – 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes and then slide on to a plate. Top with a ganache icing (recipe on digital) and chopped up Kampi Kitchen orange crackers.
Orange Marmalade Cake Wine Pairing with Dion Wines
The Voyager Estate Sauvignon Blanc is fresh with lifted citrus and tropical fruit aromas with some grassy notes and hints of dried herbs. It offers a crunchy palate of fresh flavours of tropical fruits, lemon and lime combined with subtle hints of coconut, derived from a small component of barrel fermentation. Lees contact offers additional complexity and texture to the palate, finishing with a clean, crisp, natural acidity.