Spicy bbq meatballs with a pasta salad
Easy to make, simple to pack!
- 800 grams of Farmer’s Choice Meats (Halal) mincemeat
- 4 spicy Farmer’s ChoiceMeats (Halal) beef sausages
- Chopped coriander
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- Black pepper and salt
For the BBQ sauce:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- Worcestershire sauce
For the pasta
- 1 pack coloured pasta
- 1 can sweet corn
- ½ cup pitted black/ green olives
- Olive oil
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel and chop the onions and garlic then sauté them with olive oil in a pan. Set aside to cool. In a medium-sized bowl, squeeze out the inside contents of the sausages and mix with the mincemeat. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Season with black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
- Use olive oil on your hands to form little balls and place on a greased baking tray. Grill for 15 minutes.
- Heat ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce in a saucepan for 5 min until it is formed into a bbq sauce.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and smear the bbq sauce on top and put them back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Boil water then add the pasta to cook until al dente. Once ready, pour out the hot water and run cold water through the pasta until it cools. Put pasta in a bowl, season with salt and a drizzle of olive oil and add olives and sweet corn. Mix well, pack to serve with meatballs.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!