In our September issue, Juliet Kennedy of Greenspoon did a sesame-crusted parrot fish recipe and it’s the kind we like to call ‘award-winning’ at the office. Inspired by this, we have an amazing pistachio-crusted chicken drumsticks recipe for you to try. Why pistachio? Our Yummy Obsession of the month is everything nuts and so we’re trying out different ways to enjoy nuts so make sure to give this recipe a chance.
Drumsticks are a fave among many of us so definitely adding the flavour of pistachio nuts will be welcome. Prepare for an elegantly crunchy and delicious meal. You can also use pecans in places of pistachios. You can have this for lunch or just choose to impress at the family gathering during the festivities. Show them what you’re made of!
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- drumsticks (2-3 depending on ingredients)
- Preheat the oven to 260 degrees and coat a baking sheet with oil.
- Mix the pistachios and the bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Using a different bowl, mix the honey, olive oil, salt and pepper together until it turns smooth.
- Dip the drumsticks into the honey mixture then coat with the pistachio and breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place in the oven and turn down the heat to 190 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes. The pistachio coating should be brown.
- Enjoy with a simple salad!