Sugar snap peas are a healthy addition to this dish. You can use french beans or any other green beans that you wish. HAPPY COOKING!!
- 500 grams lean pork steak, cut into thin strips
- 400grams sugar snap peas
- 4 spring onions cut into 2 centimeter pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 small red chilli
- 1 small bunch of dhania
- cornstarch or all purpose flour
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
(if you do not have the fish and oyster sauce you can increase the amount of soy sauce but the flavour is not quite the same. Do not add salt to the dish unless at the end after you have tasted it )
- Place pork, salt, pepper and a dash of fish sauce in a bowl to stand for 5-10mins
- In another small bowl combine the orange juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce and sugar
- Toss the pork in cornstarch and salt.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil till hot and add the pork cook for 2 mins undisturbed then stir till browned and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the same pan, add the sugar snap peas, spring onions and cook for 3 mins, add the garlic, ginger and chillies. Cook for 1 min
- Add pork, then pour sauce and stir well. Let the sauce reduce and thicken for about two minutes. Add the dhania/ coriander leaves and stir through
- Serve. had mine with coconut rice……..it was HAPPY EATING indeed.