Do you imagine what heaven tastes like? Like a mixture of “a nice summer day when you’re at the beach with a glass of your favourite cocktail with a tall sexy black man with shinny abs walking right past you” and “a cold winter night when your cuddled up on your couch with Mr man and a nice movie and hot chocolate” I imagine that is what heaven tastes like and that my friends is what this fritters will be like in your mouth HEAVENLY and the dip……………… my gaaawwwd don’t even know how to explain. If you enjoy your seafood then this is definitely something that you will love. HAPPY COOKING!!
Recipe adapted from Spoon,Fork, Ba
Prep Time: 35 minutes
- 400 grams raw prawns, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Small bunch of Dhania (coriander) , chopped
- 1 ½cups water
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons chili sauce
- sea salt to taste
- Place shrimp, green onions and garlic into a large mixing bowl and toss together. Set Aside.
- Pour water into medium pot and add butter and salt and bring to a boil. Once mixture has come to a boil, add flour and quickly stir with a wooden spoon, until dough forms. Continue to stir over medium heat, for about 3 minutes.
- Place dough into a stand mixer fixed with a paddle attachment and run on medium speed, allowing steam to escape.Once most of the steam has disappeared add the egg, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Fold in the pepper then the prawns until fully incorporated
- Once oil is hot, add tablespoon sized balls of the shrimp mixture into the oil (you’ll have to do this in batches); make sure not to crowd the pan/fryer and fry each fritter for 4-6 minutes flipping halfway if necessary. Drain on a paper towel and season lightly with salt.
- Combine the honey and the chilli sauce together in a bowl and serve
- HAPPY EATING!!