I know pumpkin is not a Kenyan favorite but trust me this bread will not be a disappointment. I can bank my money on it. It is surprisingly delicious and spicy. its perfect served with tea.
Makes 1 loaf
- ½ cup
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar (I did not use this I added 1 tablespoon of brown sugar instead)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or essence
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon all spice or cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup natural yogurt
- 1 ½ all-purpose flour
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees. Cream butter and sugar till light. Add eggs and vanilla till creamy.
- Add pumpkin and spices, combine well.
- Add baking soda, salt yogurt, and flour, mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre,
NB: you can use mixed spice if you do not have all the individual spices but it will NOT be the same.