Soup is good any day anytime and even better when it is chicken soup which is why this quick & easy to prepare hot-and-sour chicken noodle soup recipe should get you very excited.
Try this on that chilly night and see how your night to warm up as you enjoy the varied flavors in this soup.
- 140g dried noodles
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, chopped into small chunks
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 700ml hot vegetable stock
- 4 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water to make a paste
- 1 handful beansprouts
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil and cook the noodles following pack instructions. Drain, rinse under cold running water to stop them cooking further, then drizzle over a little oil to prevent them sticking together. Divide between 2 deep bowls.
- Heat a wok over high heat and add the rest of the oil. When it starts to smoke, add the ginger and chilli, then stir-fry for a few seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes. As the meat starts to turn brown, add the rice wine and cook for 3 minutes more. Add the vegetable stock, bring to a simmer, and then add the mushrooms. Season with the dark soy, light soy and rice vinegar.
- Bring back to a simmer, then add the cornflour paste. Simmer and stir until thickened. Stir in the beansprouts and most of the spring onions, then ladle the soup over the noodles. Serve immediately, scattered with the remaining spring onions.