Rasmalai is a Bengali dessert consisting of soft paneer balls immersed in chilled creamy milk. Even though Diwali has passed. You can still celebrate the new year this weekend by making delicious Rasmalai for friends and family.
- 7 cups milk.
- 1 cup lemon juice.
- 1 cup cane sugar.
- 4 cups water.
- 1 teaspoon cardamom.
- 1 tablespoon almonds and 1 tablespoon pistachios.
- Mix lemon juice and water.
- Boil the milk .
- Add lemon juice as you stir the milk.
- Turn off the heat when the curd separates with the whey.
- Drain with a cloth.
- Wrap the curd in a cloth and rinse with warm water to remove the sourness from the lemon.
- Squeeze the excess water from the paneer.
- Make sure the paneer is not too dry.
- After draining the paneer roll int a ball..
Making the Rasmalai:
- Divide the dough into 12 parts.
- Make little balls by applying pressure.
- Mix water and sugar into a pressure cooker.
- Add the balls into the pressure cooker and cook for seven minutes.
- Before you open the cooker, pour cold water.
- Take them out from the cooker.
- Boil the milk over a medium heat.
- Reduce the milk to two cups and stir to prevent burning.
- Add the sugar and the Rasmalai patties in milk. Let it cook for few minutes.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and pistachios.
- Serve the Rasmalai chilled.