What you will need:
- 2/3 punnet raspberries (approximately 2/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup Bombay Sapphire gin (approximately 80 mls)
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (approximately 1.5 limes, juiced)
- 1/4 teaspoon rosewater
- Crushed ice
- Tonic water
- 1/2 lime for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon dried rose petals (food grade, available at speciality food shops)
- Place first five ingredients into a jug and muddle (semi-crush) raspberries with the end of a wooden spoon. You can leave it to infuse for up to an hour but if you’re in a hurry, simply skip on to the next step.
- Add spoonfuls of crushed ice to two tumblers (or highballs if you prefer more tonic water) and pour over berry mixture, diving equally.
- Top with chilled tonic water, garnish with a lime slice and scatter over dried rose petals.
Serves 2. This recipe can easily be doubled or multiplied to whatever quantities you require.
Adapted from Sensology.