- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 oz. Scotch (try Famous Grouse)
- ½ oz. fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 dashes peach bitters
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- Orange or lemon peel, for garnish
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat, then heat brown sugar in 1-cup water. Stir til sugar is dissolved. After that remove from heat and let cool.
- In a shaker with ice, mix the grapefruit juices, Scotch and lemon and, ½ oz. brown sugar simple syrup, and bitters.
- Shake strongly and strain into a short glass with a large ice. Garnish with an orange peel.
- The leftover brown sugar syrup can be stored in a jar to use in future cocktails.