Tomatoes, Olives & Onions Salad Recipe
1 red onion
A handful of black olives
- Cut each tomato into eight wedges.
- Finely slice the onion.
- Slice the olives or you can choose to keep them whole.
- In a bowl combine two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil & two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Season generously with salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, onion & olives into the bowl. Combine all ingredients well, then leave it to stand for about 20 minutes to let the flavours mingle.
- To serve: Stack tomatoes on a plate, spoon onions & olives, in and around the stack.
- Drizzle basil oil over the salad, for extra flavour & colour.
The key to success with this salad is the tomatoes, if you can get your hands on some great vine-ripened tomatoes, you have a winner.
This salad is great as a side dish to any meal or you can just have it on its own as a snack.