What better way to celebrate your graduation than with some champagne? Here’s an idea, have the champagne in the cake! We doubt the teetotallers will complain either because the taste will be worth it. Graduating is one of those great accomplishments in life and when the time comes for you to cut that champagne cake, let your palate thank you for the reward you will be giving it once you taste it on your graduation day. We’ve got a simple champagne cake recipe which can serve as your graduation cake.
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 1 Tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of champagne
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- for the frosting:
- 452g of soft unsalted butter
- 12 cups of sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon (of salt
- 1/2 cup of champagne
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Grease your baking pan with butter and line the bottom with a wax paper and dust with flour.
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and combine with the champagne, vanilla extract and vegetable oil. Whisk until blended and set aside.
- Whisk the butter and sugar for 3 to 5 minutes. When it is light and fluffy, add vanilla extract and salt, mix until smooth. Then add the remaining ingredients. Continue alternating dry and wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into prepared pans and bake 25 to 30 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted the centre comes out clean. Cool in baking pans 10 min then turn it out.
For the frosting:
- Beat the butter until smooth and lightened in colour.
- Add in the salt and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Gradually add the sugar with the champagne until the sugar is incorporated. Beat until smooth.
Place the cake on a serving plate. Spread a thin layer of frosting on with a spatula.
Use the remaining frosting to ice the sides of the champagne cake.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!