If you are a regular Pizza consumer and don’t like the hustle of ordering for one, we have a quick fix for you why not try a modified Hawaiian pizza one? Making a home-made pizza from prepared dough is not as hard as I thought. It just needs a few minutes to prep it! The recipe is courtesy of Aarti Sequeira, Try it out today
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 tsp of minced peeled ginger
- 2 tsp or canola oil or any oil if you don’t have canola
- 1/2 cup tomato mash/paste
- A pound of pizza dough or one 10 – 12 inch prepared crust
- All-purpose flour, for dusting the dough
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 cup of shredded cheese blend
- 1/2 cup of sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup of diced pineapple
- 1 fresh thinly sliced red chilli pepper
- Fresh mint for topping
Put a pizza stone on the baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 260 degrees C.
Pound the garlic, ginger, oil and a pinch of salt in a food blender until near smooth. Mix 1 teaspoon of the garlic-ginger paste with the tomato mash.
Stretch the pizza dough into a 12-inch round on a floured surface. Put a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel and slide onto the baking sheet and cook for 5 minutes. Note If you’re using a prepared crust, you can skip this step.
Slide the crust back onto the peel. Spread with the tomato mash, then top it with the cheese, pepperoni, pineapple and chilli pepper.
Return the spread to the oven and bake for 8 to 10 more minutes until the cheese melts. Remove from the oven and let sit 5 minutes, and then top with mint.