The cold months are with us but we’re sure this won’t be the case for long. That’s why you need to learn to prepare roast pork loin which, as you already know, goes well with a cold beer or whiskey. It’s a fairly simple recipe and you can enjoy with anyone who loves meaty dishes.
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 medium apple, cut into wedges
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
1 fresh rosemary sprig
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, basil, thyme, cinnamon, salt and pepper; rub over pork.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown roast on all sides.
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up.
- Arrange apple and onion around the roast.
- Squeeze lemon juice from one wedge over pork; add lemon wedges to pan.
- Place rosemary over pork.
- Roast 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Remove roast, onion and apple to a serving platter; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!