For the ultimate chocolate sensation, this is best made with dark chocolate containing at least 70% cocoa solids that would be available in supermarkets or shops selling cake making equipment and ingredients.
100g Dark Chocolate
1 tbsp Milk
150ml Whipping cream/double cream
- Place the chocolate and the milk in heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. When the chocolate has melted remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk until thick and creamy. Then whisk in the chocolate mixture.
- Whip the cream in a separate bowl until stiff. Gently fold in the chocolate mixture until combined taking care not to over mix.
- In yet another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into suitable dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.If you like a soft mousse, remove from the fridge and leave it to warm up to room temperature before serving. Garnish with grated chocolate and serve with a little whipped cream or strawberries.
- Raphael’s Tip:
Click here for a guide on how to go about making this dessert at home.
For recipes and how to guides on various dishes including this one, LIKE my page www.facebook.com/chefraphael and discover your inner chef. “BE WARNED,THE PAGE IS VERY ADDICTIVE AND DELICIOUS!”
Follow me on twitter @chefraphaelkn