This Moroccan meal is easy to prepare and is filled with great nutrients. You can make this one-pot meal for dinner or for a party and have your family or guests going for more servings. Feel free to experiment with more ingredients such as cilantro or black beans. The delicious flavors blend so nicely it will blow you away and you will find yourself making this dish every other day. Give this recipe a shot!
Recipe : allrecipes.com
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Place the onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, and chicken breast pieces into a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix the cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, parsley, and salt, and sprinkle over the chicken and vegetables.
- Pour in the tomatoes, and stir to combine.
- Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened, 4 to 5 hours.
More interesting recipes you should try: