Bourbon, beer and maple. Need I say more? We just can’t possibly keep this sweet cocktail recipe to ourselves, not with The Nairobi Beer Festival just one day away! The combination of the sweet maple syrup complimented with the spice of the red chiles gives this cocktail the deserved kick. The cocktail is also sweet, sexy with a fiery twist.
Total Time: 15 min
Prep: 15 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup chilled bourbon
- 1/4 cup chilled dark beer
- 1/4 cup chilled pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- Ice cubes
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 4 small dried red chiles, such as japones, rinsed and patted dry
- Combine the bourbon, beer and maple syrup in a martini shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes. Cover and shake about 8 times.
- Strain the drink equally into 4 large chilled martini glasses.
- Using a nutmeg grater, grate about 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg over each martini.
- Add a chile to each martini and stir to blend. Serve very cold.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis