Spicy Grilled Peri Peri Breasts Recipe
2 large chicken breasts
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon chopped red onions
2 red chilli peppers (more or less according to your heat level)
½ red jalapeno pepper
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch of black pepper
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 basil leaf
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Blend the sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth and consistent.
- Wash and pat dry your chicken breasts
- Using a kitchen mallet, gently hammer your breasts until even and flat.
- Generously apply the marinade
- Set this in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Take your chicken out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature before grilling.
- Cook undisturbed for 4 to 5 minutes then flip over.
- Let this cook for a further 4 minutes then take it off the heat. Serve.