Halloween is a great time for kids and adults alike to get creative with as many celebratory customs as possible. Baking, is high on that list. The cake kings and queens of the world constantly prove their unique talents when it comes to telling stories using flour, sugar and butter. Tell your own fun story this Halloween with this simple spider cupcake recipe that, albeit a little creepy, will put a smile on anyone’s face. If baking’s not your thing, go and see what the teams at Suite 101, Tiramisu Bakery, Village Market and Mama’s Patisserie have come up with!
- Mini chocolate cupcakes One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes
- Black sanding sugar
- 1 bag cinnamon candy
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 1 bag black licorice
- Pre-heat the oven 180°C and line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Bake cupcakes as per the recipe you would like to use. You can use a ready cake mix.
- Pour batter from chocolate cupcake recipe into mini muffin tins with paper cases.
- Ice mini cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and coat icing with black sanding sugar. Use cinnamon candy for eyes. For legs, attach 8 pieces of black licorice.
- For fangs, cut out tiny cone shapes from a marshmallow and attach.
- Alternatively you can also make it with a slight difference with a vanilla base and chocolate icing covered with chocolate sprinkles adding cinnamon candy or candy eyeballs and licorice for the eyes and legs.