So many pasta-bilities! I’m I right or right! There are countless ways of enjoying pasta and this is usually pegged on the pesto you use. I decided to take the creative route and work on a delicious veg pasta recipe. This spring asparagus pesto is perfectly served with ziti pasta but you can use any pasta you have. This pesto is easy to make and adds that touch of rich earthy and salty asparagus flavour to your pasta.
Alright, let’s get right to it:
- baby spinach
- cherry tomatoes
- pine nuts
- olive oil and garlic
For the asparagus pesto:
- Blanch the asparagus then salt the asparagus water and drop the spears into the pan.
- Cook for only 2 or 3 minutes, until they are bright green and barely tender.
- Add the asparagus, small bunch of spinach, small bunch of basil, garlic, Parmesan, and 3/4 cup of the pine nuts to a food processor and blend away.
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil until paste forms- If too thick, thin it with a bit of the pasta water.
- Add half a lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle your wok or pan with olive oil, sauté a half cup of half chopped cherry tomatoes for a little bit as you want to maintain those sweet juices.
- Add in your blended pesto paste into the pan.
- Finally, add the boiled pasta (I prefer mien al denté always!) and enjoy!