We’re not hating on matoke but how many times can you eat one thing in a week? Two times maybe. That’s alright. We’ve found a different way for you to mix mincemeat and bananas that ensures your mince does not get lost in a sea of soup. This can make a great lunchtime meal or a late-night snack depending on the size of your appetite.
- 2 ripe plantains
- 150 grams mincemeat
- 1/3 cup red pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large tomato
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Peel the plantains then season them with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. place it on a lined oven tray. Bake it for 20 min.
- In the meantime, sauté the garlic together with the garam masala, cumin, pepper, garlic and diced tomato.
- After 3 minutes, mix in the mincemeat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the bananas are done baking, take them out and let them cool a little before cutting them open down the middle.
- Fill this gap with as much mince as you’d like. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the mince and place the bananas back in the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve warm with kachumbari on the side.