Nothing makes cocktails more fun than adding a pop of colour using fruits we know and love and Jumia Party is making this easier.
The holidays are just around the corner and that means less time spent in traffic and more time spent enjoying refreshing cocktails in the sun. With that in mind, we decided to put together our favourite cocktails inspired by Jumia Party. These cocktails range from the simple mimosa to the elegantly complicated craft cocktail but either way, they are fun to mix and stunning to present.
Cranberry Vodka Mimosas
- 60ml ginger ale
- 60ml cranberry juice
- 60ml Absolut Raspberri vodka
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vanilla vodka, cranberry juice and ice.
- Shake vigorously, then strain into a champagne flute.
- Fill the glass to the top with sparkling wine. Garnish if desired.
Orange Margaritas (Mocktail)
- 250ml Del monte Orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60ml sparkling water
- 60ml squeezed lime juice
- Squeeze the blood orange juice into a cocktail shaker.
- Add the honey, lime juice and vanilla extract to the unchilled juice. Shake. Add ice to cool it down.
- Pour evenly into two ice-filled glasses.
- Top with sparkling water and a slice of blood orange on top.
The All American
- 30ml Captain Morgan Spiced Gold Rum
- 30ml Jack Daniels Honey Whisky
- 60ml Coca Cola
- Slightly burnt Orange peel
- In a cocktail shaker, shake rum, whiskey and Coke and pour it in a martini glass.
- Rub the glass rim with the burnt orange and garnish with the same orange
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 22ml honey
- 22ml lime juice
- 1.5 cups water
- 75ml Bombay Sapphire gin
- 1 tsp matcha
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint with the honey and lime juice.
- Add the remaining ingredients and shake until well chilled and the matcha is dissolved.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer, dividing between 2 ice-filled rocks glasses, then serve.
- 5ml lime juice
- 60ml Takamaka White Rum
- 15ml Bols Blue Curacao
- 75ml Stoney
- 8 blueberries
- 1 lime slice
- Pour the fresh lime juice into a glass
- Add rum and Blue Curaçao.
- Pour in ginger beer.
- Add crushed ice. Top with lime and mint.
Old Fashioned with a Twist
- 60ml whiskey
- Dash of bitters
- Sugar cube
- Soda Water
- Orange for garnish
- Place the sugar cube in a glass and splash with Angostura bitters and soda water.
- Crush the sugar with a muddler, then rotate the glass to leave a lining.
- Add ice cubes then the whiskey. Garnish with an orange twist.