What is Le Diner you may ask? Well Wikipedia simply states it as a 1998 French comedy film written and directed by Francis Veber. However how much fun that may seem, there is an even more interesting version of Le Diner.
Well i did a bit of research, and here is a little excerpt i got from a Le Diner event that was recently organized in Singapore.
”Over the course of an evening, the diners enhance the function and value of their city’s public space by participating in the unexpected.
Beyond the spectacle and refined elegance of the dinner itself, guests are brought together from diverse backgrounds by a love of beauty and good taste.
There are no disruptions: no car traffic, no pedestrian traffic, except for the occasional amazed and astonished looks from passersby at the scene unfolding before them…”
Seems interesting huh? So the deal here is that Kenya, with the help of Infinite Planners, is about to experience its first ever Le Diner event and the good news is that you can be a part of it!
Happening this weekend of 26th Oct 2013, here is the general concept and rules of the event:
Le Diner brings new and old friends together as they enjoy good food, good wine and great music.
Celebrate the simple pleasure of good food, good wine, with old friends and new in a grand and elegant outdoor setting
– Inspires the master chef in you
– Gathers friends
– Creativity, spontaneity and make of memories
Encouraged to dress in white, elegant fashion from any era with an expression of appreciation of style using accessories.
Shoes and accessory need not be white
White attire is De riguer!
Dress your table with an elegant accessory/ centerpiece
Inspire the master chef in you:
Prepare 3 courses; hors d’ oeuvres, entrée, special dessert
Bring wine, champagne and beer (A stand by Le Decanter for wines, cognacs and champagne for purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
- Each group of friends will prepare a three course meal (hors d’oeurves, entrée, and a special dessert) for the event. Duties can be split among the friends.
- The guests, (not less than 4 and not more than 10) will then proceed to a location (revealed 24 hours prior) with their food and drinks. Not forgetting to bring cutlery that will be used for the meal.
- In an open setting, they will setup a table and serve the food and drinks in a beautiful dinner setting under the stars.
- Guests will then mingle to the sounds of great music and entertainment.
- Dining tables
- Table linen
- Music/ entertainment
LEAVE NO TRACE
Provided are trash bags on registration so that the end of the event you leave the venue as clean as possible.
Once the event comes to a close, clean your table up and drop your trash bags in designated litter boxes.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Be kind to the environment
So that’s generally it! Do you think you can be part of this first ever cool event this weekend? Then you better start looking for a way to be there!
Tickets are on sale at Kshs 3,200 and are available on www.ticketsasa.com