This recipe will be heaven in your mouth. The mixture of sweet and hot is just to die for.I adapted this recipe from A Bachelor and His Grill’
- 2 kg pork ribs, excess fat trimmed
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons paprika ( if you can get smoked even better)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme (you can substitute for oregano)
- 3 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon crushed pepper
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients together to form a thick paste
- Apply the paste on all sides of the ribs.
- Put the ribs in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours ( I marinated mine for about 20 hours)
- Remove from the fridge at least 30 minutes before you cook, let it stay in the container and bring it back to room temperature
- Heat your oven to 220 degrees and cook for about 30-40 minutes. Or heat up your barbeque and cook this babies up!
- Serve with Rosemary Potatoes, a coleslaw salad or Kachumbari. HAPPY EATING!!