Sweet Potato, Melon and Avocado Salad Recipe
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 pinches turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- 1 handful basil leaves
- Lemon, juiced
- 100 ml yoghurt
- 1/2 melon
- 4 slices avocado
- Toss your potato cubes in a mix of olive oil, turmeric, salt and pepper, then bake at 180°C for 35min, or until golden.
- There’s no point topping a homemade salad with sugary shop-bought dressing. Finely chop a few basil leaves and mix them with lemon juice and yoghurt.
- Peel, de-seed and slice the melon and avocado. Lightly oil a pan and cook each side on a high heat for 2-3min until they start to blacken
- Cut them into bite-sized chunks and toss with the potato cubes, yoghurt dressing and a few basil leaves. Pack enough of these in and you’ll soothe the sting of tomorrow’s alarm.
This snack not only boosts your immune system but requires only a handful of ingredients. It is also very easy to make and doesn’t require a long preparation time. Plus, if you’re looking to lose a few calories, this recipe ideal for burning fat!