Does anyone here not love sweet potato? If there is, our job is to convince to love it and prepare it otherwise this cold weather will have you shaking.
For those of you who have had sweet potatoes for breakfast, you already know how tasty they are. Sweet potatoes are healthy and nutritious, rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals. The sweet potato soup can be enjoyed with garlic bread to even out the flavours. Rice is also a great dish to accompany your sweet potato soup.
Ensure you have vegetable stock before preparing this.
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 large carrots peeled and roughly chopped
1 1/2 inches of ginger, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
700 g of sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1.2 litres of vegetable broth
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and carrots and cook until softened. Stir in the ginger, garlic and fry for 2–3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes and stock.
- Turn up the heat and bring the pan to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer with the lid on for 15 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and blend the soup in a food processor. Season to taste and serve.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!