Tamarind Tiramisu Recipe
250g mascarpone cheese
3 egg yolks, 500ml fresh whipped cream
200ml brewed espresso coffee
90ml kahlua liqueur
30ml Navy Rum
100g icing Sugar
150ml whipped cream
200g chocolate shavings
20g cocoa powder
10g coffee powder
120 pieces finger biscuits
For The Finger Biscuits:
150g white sugar
100g white flour
100g corn starch
5ml vanilla essence
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the sieved flour and corn starch.
- Pipe the mix into the desired shape and bake at 150 degrees until golden brown.
- Mix the coffee with the rum and the Kahlua.Soak some of the finger biscuits and save the rest for the presentation.
- Cream the yolks with the sugar then add the mascarpone cheese.
- Soak the gelatin with part of the coffee until set, then pour the yolk and mascarpone mix and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the whipped cream into the mix and set aside.
- Pour the mix to the already prepared moulds but not to the top. Just before you serve, sprinkle the powdered cocoa on top and pipe a rosette of whipped cream infused with the coffee and sugar.
- Finish off with chocolate shavings and chocolate sauce on the dessert plate and serve immediately.