Tamarind Tiramisu Recipe
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 3 egg yolks, 500ml fresh whipped cream
- 200ml brewed espresso coffee
- 90ml kahlua liqueur
- 30ml Navy Rum
- 100g icing Sugar
- 30g gelatin
- 150ml whipped cream
- 200g chocolate shavings
- 20g cocoa powder
- 10g coffee powder
- 120 pieces finger biscuits
- For The Finger Biscuits:
- 150g white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 100g white flour
- 100g corn starch
- 5ml vanilla essence
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the sieved flour and corn starch.
- Pipe the mix into the desired shape and bake at 150 degrees until golden brown.
- Mix the coffee with the rum and the Kahlua.Soak some of the finger biscuits and save the rest for the presentation.
- Cream the yolks with the sugar then add the mascarpone cheese.
- Soak the gelatin with part of the coffee until set, then pour the yolk and mascarpone mix and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the whipped cream into the mix and set aside.
- Pour the mix to the already prepared moulds but not to the top. Just before you serve, sprinkle the powdered cocoa on top and pipe a rosette of whipped cream infused with the coffee and sugar.
- Finish off with chocolate shavings and chocolate sauce on the dessert plate and serve immediately.