Mixology is a special art where drinks come alive in rewarding cocktails and mocktails. Mixologists gain their skill from extensive experience and creativity. Kenyans love cocktails, this is evident by the number of people visiting various spots offering happy hour to enjoy cocktails at half price. But I don’t blame them. Whoever discovered cocktails, be it whisky, vodka or any other, made an amazing discovery.
This year’s Taste Awards Mixologist of The Year nominees are a list of six talented mixologists from various bars. The criteria for selecting the winner is defined by the highest scorer when it comes to efficiency, skill and creativity in a high pressure environment.
Here’s the list of finalist nominees for the Mixologist of The Year Category:
- Benu Kundra- Brew Bistro Bar And Lounge
- Yeri Randu-Sankara Nairobi
- Wilberforse Ochanda-Juniper Social
- Luckman Oyebode-Caramel Restaurant and Lounge
- Philip Gaza-Mercury Lounge at Urban Eatery
- Dennis Olonyi-dusitD2 Nairobi
The winner will be announced at the awards ceremony Gala Dinner on 31st August at the dusitD2 Hotel.