With Absolut Vodka as the title sponsors for this year’s Nairobi Restaurant Week, which will be happening from 26th January to 5th February at over 60 participating restaurants, diners will get complimentary cocktails made from Pernod Ricard‘s liquors; Absolut Vodka, Chivas Regal, Havana Club, Olmeca Tequila and Beefeater Gin throughout the ten days.
Dining al fresco? Why not enjoy a refreshing Beefeater and Tonic? Looking for something to accompany your Spanish dish? Grab a margarita!
We’ve broken down the five delicious cocktails you can expect this Nairobi Restaurant Week. Cheers!
- 50ml Absolut Vodka
- 150ml ginger beer
- 10ml fresh lime juice
- Pour all ingredients into a mule cup filled with ice and garnish with a lime wedge.
- 50ml Beefeater Dry
- 150ml tonic water
- Cubed ice
- Wheel of lemon
- Wheel of orange
- Pour Beefeater Dry gin and premium tonic into a premium highball glass.
- Half-fill the glass with ice and add a wheel of fresh orange. Top up the glass with ice and add a wheel of fresh lemon.
- 2 slices of Green Apple
- 1 part Chivas (50ml)
- 2 parts lemonade (100ml)
- 1 part soda water (50ml)
- Garnish with a lime wheel
- Place apple slices at the bottom of the glass and pour Chivas over top.
- Allow the mixture to stand for a few minutes. Fill the glass with ice cubes and slowly pour in the lemonade.
- Stir and top up with soda water. Garnish with a lime wheel.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- The juice of half a fresh lime
- 2 sprigs mint
- Sparkling water
- 1 shot rum
- Mix 2 teaspoons of sugar with the juice of half a fresh lime. Muddle 2 sprigs of mint. Next add the ice and a shot of rum and top up with sparkling water.
- 60ml Olmeca Blanco
- 30ml Cointreau
- 30ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt for garnish
- Run a lime around the rim of your glass and dip the glass in salt. Pour Olmeca, Cointreau and freshly squeezed lime juice into a shaker with ice.
- Strain the margarita from the shaker into the glass and garnish with a fresh lime wedge.